CADEditorX has a group of commands allowing to change the color scheme of the drawing and the background color. By default after installing the program all the drawing are opened against the white background in a color mode. Changing these settings is saved even after closing the program.
Commands in the Ribbon
• The B/W drawing button (Viewer tab-> CAD Image) redraws loaded CAD file in black and white (when the button is on) or with all available colors (when the button is off). The mode is useful when it is necessary to print the drawing with a black and white printer. This will fulfill the operation without distorting the lineweight and intensity of the color.
• The Black Background button (Viewer tab-> CAD Image) displays the CAD file on the black background with white default color for entities.
• The Background Color button (Viewer tab-> CAD Image) allows defining a custom color of the background. Selecting the command calls the standard dialog box Color where the color is chosen.
Commands in the Classical Menu
The commands can be found under the menu CAD files and the toolbar CAD files.
• The Draw all colors command redraws loaded CAD file with all available colors.
• The Draw in black command redraws loaded CAD file in Black-and-White mode. Advice: use Black-and-White mode for printing if you use Black-and-White printer and want to have all the lines with the same width and intensity.
• The Custom Background command draws CAD file on the custom background with black default color for entities. To choose the custom background use CAD files -> Change Background Color menu command.
• The Black Background and White entities by default command displays the CAD file on the black background with White default color for entities.
• The Change Background Color command allows defining a custom color of the background.
Go to CADEditorX